Saturday 9 October 2010

Lots of driving

For the last three weeks and for the next two and a half, I'm doing the 4 hour round trip from Venus Bay to Melbourne, every weekday. The plan was to stay at a friend's place closer to the hospital when I was too tired to make the trip. So far, I haven't felt too tired, so I guess that's good. I did think by now that the daily radiation treatments would have taken more of a toll. I'm glad it hasn't.

Luckily the Victorian government helps out with the petrol and maintenance on the car through the Victorian Patients Travel Assistance Scheme (VPTAS). They pay you $0.17/km if you need to travel more than 100km for treatment. This seems enough to cover the petrol and extra servicing required due to driving 1,600km a week.

Here's a link to download the claim form:

http://www.health.vic.gov.au/ruralhealth/downloads/vptas_claim_form.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment