Wednesday 12 January 2011

It's been a while

Since I last put a post on here, I've finished all my treatment that's been planned so far. I'm feeling good and to look at me, you'd never know that I've had cancer.

That said, I had a CT scan in early December and the report said that there was no sign of the tumour, so I'm happy with that. Next, my surgeon wants me to have a gastroscopy and biopsy to see if there are any active cancer cells left at the site of the original tumour. Fingers crossed that there aren't If there are, he'll want to make another attempt at the Ivor-Lewis Oesopho-gastrectomy. Of course, if I need it I'll have it, but I'd really rather not need it.

While I'm getting good news, I found out that my cousin, a few years younger than me has advanced bowel cancer. It's spread to her liver and she's started chemo. I hope she'll be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment