Thursday 17 February 2011

D-Day, 28th Feb

I found out today that they are planning to operate on the 28th of February, which means I'll be spending my 43rd birthday in ICU.

I have mixed feelings about the surgery. Intellectually, I know it's the best hope of a cure and will give me the best chance of living a relatively normal life in the long run. The other side of that is probably fear-based, but makes me think that I feel fine now and am enjoying good health otherwise. Why spoil it all with major surgery that will take 3 months to get over to the point where I can do things like go shopping or go to work?

I know that if I do nothing, the cancer will come back, probably worse than before and would probably be fatal. So... To the operating theatre! Cut it out, get rid of it and get on with it. I have to think like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment