Sunday 10 April 2011

Home Sweet Home

They let me come home from hospital on Friday. It's so nice to be home and to have my own bed. Much more comfortable than the hospital bed, as good as a fully adjustable electronic bed sounds, when it's too small with a rubber mattress, it loses some of it's appeal.

At first, after leaving hospital I was a little apprehensive. After 6 weeks inside, the outside world and the 2 hour car ride home seemed daunting. Nothing to worry about of course, but it did take all of Saturday to recover from Friday.

Earlier on Friday I had a gastroscopy with the associated mild anesthetic, followed by hours of waiting for the various reports and visits from the dietitian with my supply of Ensure Plus, then another few hours before the pharmacist came with my plethora of drugs to bring home. In any case, it was a tiring day and I basically slept it off on Saturday.

Today is much better.

From now on I should be better every day and eventually back to normal, hopefully better than normal in some cases.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment